Don’t they realize that you are wearing a dozen different hats and you're trying to operate a business on a shoestring budget …where on earth are you supposed to get enough time to ASK people to join your contact list?
What’s up with that? Why can’t they just climb into the wonderful funnel that you’ve worked so hard to build for them and slide gracefully into your payment system? What’s wrong with these people?
Remember S.Y.S.T.E.M? Saving Yourself Time Energy and Money?
Your system (if you focus and follow it) should give you clear indicators on when you need to interject your personal touch.
Remember 4MTs? 4 Magic Touches?
Your system should give you some good indicators on when to use the information you've gathered to interject your personal touch.
Not everyone you touch will take the action you prescribe or join your list ... and quite honestly unless you are in retail, (and even then) you probably would not be able to handle hundreds or thousands of responses for a CTA.
This is where your analytic reports will serve you best. Your systems will show you who is most likely to deserve your time (sorry to say, not everyone does) and those who have met the criteria (set by you) should get your time and attention.
How may of these activities can you initiate?
- Asking "Friends" on your Facebook Personal Page to become Fans on your Facebook Business Page? It takes about an hour to ASK 1,000 friends. (Using the system that FB has provided Don't use PMs as that is considered SPAMMING and will get you booted.)
- Asking questions in a survey that is so tempting people can not resist joining in? (Once again this is not to be done with your Personal Page)
- Asking and answering questions in a Blog or Guest Blogging and asking for Comments?
- Finding time for "boots-on-the-ground" activities in your community - Can you turn that into a conversation?
- Asking and answering questions in relevant groups
Yes, I realize that every activity I mentioned has some investment of time involved. However, each one of these has the capability of increasing your contact list. In summary, you can't expect everyone to jump onto your offer, but after your system is in place you can channel people in ways that will let you know when they are ready con convert, with your constant intervention.
If you'd like to put a system in place that will "weed out" the best prospects and allow you to spend your time following up with the cream-of-the-crop, try connecting with me. A 30 minute complimentary consultation will be a real eye-opener, I promise you.