You’ve heard it a thousand times or more…”The fortune is in the follow-up!” According to the late, great Chet Holmes, in order to make a sale, you’ll need to follow up with a prospect twelve times, eight of which they will tell you, “No.”
Okay you say… that’s good info, but how does it apply to me? After all I’m not a sales person, I’m just a business owner … right? Not quite. While sales is a specialized skill, there's another more routine side to it.
Here’s what hardcorecloser.com has to say (we sprinkled in a few from our own experience) about why many small business owners don’t follow up:
- They don’t have new leads or a system to get new leads
- They don’t have a system to make it easy to follow up – or they depend too heavily on it
- They haven’t really planned the outcome of following up
- They don’t like hearing “NO”
- They don’t believe in their own “elevator pitch”
- They don’t want to seem to “pushy”
- They don’t respect the lead because it was “free”
- They don’t have a consistent nature
- They lack self-confidence
- They shouldn’t be in business - There’s absolutely no shame in a good hobby!
After reading the list, I’m sure you can image that we have an entire series of articles going in-depth for each of these reasons and you can bet in upcoming articles we are going to oblige you!
Because this is the last post in our series of “15 Tested and Proven Ways to Build Your Contact List”, our next blog will be taking a more comprehensive look at the first point on our list No Leads To Follow Up with! Hope you’ve enjoyed this 15 part series and we look forward to bringing you “More Tested and Proven Ways to Build Your Contact List”
If you want to get started today building a more powerful contact list, schedule a strategy call and let’s get the ball rolling!